About NMIMS School of Law:
NMIMS School of Law offers an outstanding legal education so as to inculcate a wide range of legal skills useful for the legal profession including the corporate level. Established in 2018 by NMIMS University , one of the premiers Deemed to be Universities in India. School of Law aspires to be a global center of scholarly excellence in the field of law and justice and will prepare outstanding and innovative law professionals with socially responsible outlook through holistic legal education.
About the Moot Court Competition:
With the COVID-19 pandemic continuing to ravage the world, the number of cases keep climbing, the end of the physical distancing, and lock-down measures don’t seem to be in sight. Nations across the world are bearing up their preparation to face the challenges thrown by the Coronavirus. India is also following the impeccable measure of social distancing. But at the same time, we are not standing apart; rather technology has enabled us to maintain our life in both social as well as professional spaces. With the help of this technological advancement
The Moot Court Society of NMIMS School of Law Bangalore feels honoured and proud to organize 1st National Virtual Moot Court Competition 2020 in collaboration with M Mulla Associates.
- Release of Notification: 9th July 2020
- Registration Starts: 9th July 2020
- Last Date to Register: 7th August 2020 by 11:59 pm
- Moot problem release: 9th July 2020
- The last date to submit moot memorial: 3rd September by 11:59 pm.
The date of the competition will be 11th – 13th September 2020.
Online Meetings Application (The links and the schedule of the meeting rooms shall be provided via mail after the submission of memorials).
Ladies: White shirt and black pant/black skirt along with a black coat/any formals.
Gentlemen: White shirt, black trousers, black tie along with a black coat/any formals.
The language of the competition will be English only.
- All students enrolled bonafide in an undergraduate i.e., 3 years/5 years and postgraduate law program conducted by any college or university shall be eligible for participation in the competition.
- Cross-Institutional team are eligible to participate.
Each participating team shall comprise of minimum of two (2) members and maximum of three (3) wherein two (2) members, shall be designated as Speakers and one (1) member as Researcher (optional).
- Teams are supposed to complete their Registration by 07th Aug. 11.59pm Early Bird Registrations are open until 20 July on 11.59pm.
- The Registration Fee for early bird registrations is Rs. 500.00. Post early bird registration the Fee is Rs 600.00. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16_X5-
- irro8ftCPFqaPoNdDS2HJma2GS0EesgS8iDkMA/viewform?edit_requested=true&pli=1. The Registration shall be done by filling up the Application form, available.
- The number of participating teams is limited and hence, the registrations will be done on first come first serve basis..
- The Registration shall be deemed complete only when the Registration fee has been remitted successfully and the Application form is duly filled.
- Once the application form is filled, the Organizing Committee (OC) shall send a confirmation mailto the teams, which shall consist of theirTeamCode and an app link through which they will be connecting for videoconferencing.
- The teams shall quote this Team Code in all further communications with the OC. Fee once paid is non-refundable.
The Registration Fee is to be transferred in favour of SVKM’S NMIMS via NEFT/RTGS in the account details provided below:
- Account Holder Name: SVKM’S NMIMS
- Account Number: 435301010060080
- Bank Name: Union Bank of India, Post Kalkere Bannerghatta Road, Dist. Bangalore- 560083
- IFSC Code: UBIN0543535
- Details: Student’s name and Institution/University’s name
Official E-mail ID: mcs.sol[at]nmims.edu.in
Ms. Priyanshi Bainwala: Convener, Moot Court Society, School of Law, NMIMS Bangalore
E-mail ID: priyanshi.bainwala04[at]nmims.edu.in/mcs.sol[at]nmims.edu.in
Mobile Number: 9073107293
Mr. Ashish Kumar: Deputy Convener, Moot Court Society, School of Law, NMIMS Bangalore
E-mail ID: ashish.kumar11[at]nmims.edu.in/mcs.sol[at]nmims.edu.in
Mobile Number: 8709898284