LawPutra ®

Committed To Your Success

UP Gangster killed in encounter, says UP Police

UP Gangster killed in encounter, says UP Police

Gangster Vikas Dubey has been accused of more than 60 cases against him and was charged of shooting dead eight policemen in Kanpur’s Bikru village last week. After that bloodbath incident where eight policemen were killed Gangster Vikas Dubey was killed in an encounter when he tried to escape from the hands of the SFT and the police, taking the advantage of a road accident.

The police continued its attempts to arrest the gangster after he killed eight policemen but, Vikas slipped into Madhya Pradesh and then to Ujjain. On 8th July he was arrested in Ujjain Madhya Pradesh. Later in the evening he was handed over to a team of U.P police. M.P police official said that he was handed over to the UP police who took him to their state by road.

Dubey was arrested from near the Mahakal temple where a shopkeeper identified Dubey on the premises. The shopkeeper informed the police as well as the temple security. There was a thorough investigation while he was in judicial custody.

The investigations revealed that Vikas had amassed wealth and property through deals in real estate, liquor business and contracts. The Madhya Pradesh Police claimed the credit for his arrest and Vikas was handed over to the UP STF on Thursday night.

On the early morning of Friday the accused Vikas Dubey was killed in an encounter by the STF (Special Task Force) and Police. As per the information Dubey was killed in an encounter when he tried to run away after a road accident which occurred near sachendi area when one of the police vehicles skidded and overturned due to heavy rains on the highway. Kanpur SP Anil Kumar told in a TV channel that Dubey was killed by policemen who fired in self- defence, after the gangster took advantage of the situation. As per the information he the gangster tried to run away after snatching a pistol of an injured policeman.

The policemen surrounded him &

immediately told him to surrender, he then fire at the police and in self-defence, police fired two bullets at Dubey and ultimately injuring him. The official said that a police vehicle which was carrying Dubey from Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh to Kanpur met with an accident in the barra area in Kanpur.

The SSP of Kanpur Dinesh Kumar told reporters that four policemen who was accompanying Dubey received injuries, he further added that he has no information on why vehicles of media personnel which was carrying Dubey was stopped. Dubey was rushed to the  Hallett Hospital for providing the basic treatment. He was declared dead in the Hospital.

The fugitive gangster from Bikru village, Chaubeypur in Kanpur had been on the run after gunning down eight UP policemen in an encounter a week ago. The STF personnel who suffered injuries have also been admitted to LLR hospital. Senior police officials including IG Kanpur range Mohit Agarwal and SPP Dinesh Kumar Prabhu have rushed to the hospital to take note of the situation.